My first school day

Monday was my first school day. Everything was different! I didn’t know anybody in the school and I had difficulties communicating. But, this faded away after a while. My English improved; I made friends, and the culture wasn’t strange anymore. I had the same 6 classes every day. The school starts at 7:20 a.m. and ends already at 2:05 p.m. After school, we go home with the yellow school buses. As if this first day in school wasn’t already enough stress for me, I took the wrong bus home. Fortunately, the bus driver was pretty nice and I arrived at home about 1 hour later. I was very tired after such a day! The second day was already way better. I even took the right bus. The people there are very nice! I think it is weird that we were not allowed to walk in the hallways during the class or not even while lunch. You have to wait till the bell rings and then you are allowed to walk. The lunch break is only 25 minutes long. That’s just enough time to eat. I have to answer the same question over and over again: “Where are you from?” And a lot Americans do not even know where Switzerland is or they mistake it with Sweden. I had also my first early release day and I enjoyed an afternoon without school.



No comments:

Post a Comment